Please read the article, which is about “gay marriage in Hawaii”, and post
one or two comprehension question(s),
one or two disscussion question(s),
two vocabulary words and
Due date : Tuesday (Nov. 19)
I’m really interested in about this topic because my host mom doesn’t agree about this law
* Vocabularies *
1) pent-up adj.
pent-up feelings are not allowed to be expressed or released
Ex. Screaming at the top of your voice is a good way of venting pent-up frustration.
2) culmination n.
eventual conclusion or result
Ex. Winning first prize was the culmination of years of practice and hard work.
* Comprehension Questions *
1) Which industry of Hawaii will get benefit from legalization of same-sex marriage? Why?
2) In 1990, what event brought national discussion on gay marriage?
* Discussion questions *
1) Bible prohibits homosexuality. How do you think about this?
2) Do you think legalization of same-sex marriage will lead to increase the number of AIDS patients?
I heard the cause of getting AIDS is not only happened from the same-sex marriage.
I also want to know the detail about your comp Q2.
In my opinion, “homosexuality = AIDS” is a kind of prejudice. How do you guys think about this?
Besides, I think, “legalization of same-sex marriage” might cause some side effects.
1. Smattering: noun: a small, scattered amount or number.
2. Gavel: noun: A small mallet used by a presiding officer or an auctioneer to signal for attention or order or to mark the conclusion of a transaction, a maul used by masons in fitting stones.
1. How will be the Hawaii industry look like (from an estimate by a UH researcher)?
2. What caused delaying of amendments?
1. Fundamentally, for human, what can be caused being a homosexual?
2. Someday, if your child in the future say, “Mom, I wanna show my lover to you today, but my lover is same sex with me.” How will you accept this situation?
I like your discussion questions! I think we will have an interesting discussion time.
I can’t imagine how to reply about your comp Q2.
I would like to know others opinion.
I like your dissociation question, but i cannot imagine !!!
Comp Q: How many couples is predicted to marry by this law?
Disc Q: Do you agree with this new law? Why?
Vocabulary: honeymoon- a holiday taken by two who have just got married
boost- to increase or improve something and make it more successful
I’m looking forward to discussing about your discussion question
C: what would HAWAII benefit from pent-up demand for gay wedding?
D: should gay wedding be allowed in your country? Does it concern with religion?
V: gavel: a small hammer that the person in charge of a meeting and court of law hits on a table in order to get people’s attention
Pent-up: feelings or energy have not been expressed or used for long time
I heard a rainbow is gay’s symbol. Also it’s Hawaii’s symbol.
I think that’s why there are some festivals for gay in Hawaii.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.