Hi, this is my article URL for Reading Circle
Please check it out and post your comprehension questions, discussion questions and vocabulary words by Tuesday morning.
Hi, this is my TRUE article URL for Reading Circle
What does writer think about black people’s looks?
According to the article, many black men have feelings of disgust for themselves, Why do they think so?
What do you think if you are black?
We are Asian(in this group), do you have pride as Asian?
suspicion*a feeling you have that someone is probably guilty of doing something wrong or dishonest
□ exterior *the outside of something, especially a building
I was thinking of same discussion question(#1) as you!
In this article, the main point is very “black men.”
So, we need to discuss about it and “race.”
You have good comprehension questions and discussion questions!
I’m looking forward to discussing with you and this group.
Also, we know the vocabulary “suspicion,” so I think it is better to adopt another word 🙂
See you tomorrow lol
In addition, I have one suggestion!!
I think it would be better if you put together my discussion question and yours. Especially my #2 and your #1. As you can see, mine is similar to yours, and your question is a little bit connects to negative question, I think. So, how about putting together both of them??:)
I think your both comprehension questions are good, and if our questions are like same details, we can connect words of every our questions because main idea is black men so wide range.
thank you for choosing good article.
i could learn a lot from i
i like your discussion questions. we can discuss about them to realize about race.
1. In a documentary which black women discuss their feelings of self hatred for having dark skin, how different between black men and black women? Why? What is this documentary’s name?
2. What is the writer’s opinion about black men? Are there any reasons? If it has, describe them.
1. How do you think of this writer’s opinion? Agree or Disagree? Why or why not?
2. Do you have black friends? If you have, how do you think about them? Are there any differences between among us?
1. archetype(n): the original model or a perfect example of something
2. loathing(n): a strong feeling of hating someone or something
I came up with same question as your comprehension#1. it is actually important detail of article, I think…
Thank you Rina
I like your discussion question, comprehension question!
Also thank you for good advise!
1. According to a writer, where does ‘own self-hated’ of a black male come from?
2. How come a black women usually depicted the issue of black self- hatred?
1. Writers said, “I don’t want to have these dark thoughts about being a black man, however, I cannot deny that this is the way I feel.”
if you were him, can you have positive thoughts? What’s reason of your answer?
2. Do you have bias against black men?
・depict(v): represent by a drawing, painting, or the other art form
・deny(v): state that one refuses to admit the truth or existence of
you have many good questions.
i like your discussion questions, especially first one.
it is good to think about the article more.
How does French psychiatrist, Frantz Fanon say how it effect to black people when they are in white society?
Have you read books about black self-hatred? How was it?
According to the article, black people are famous for sports, crime, and entertainment. Do you agree? Do you have any other images?
Psyche: the mind, your deepest feelings and attitudes
Contempt: the feeling that sb/sth is without value and deserves no respect at all
Thank you Ayaka
your both questions are good! I don’t come up with such idea!
we’ll be able to discuss deeply!
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Google+ account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Twitter account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Facebook account.
( Log Out /
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.