Hi guys! Here is my article for this week’s Reading Circle. Please read it this weekend and post your questions, vocabulary, and comments by Tuesday morning. Thanks!
1. No big whoop: No big deal. Not so important. Not a problem.
2. jeopardize: to cause something to be harmed or damaged, or to put something in danger
1. How many states allow medical marijuana? How many states have legalized marijuana? Which states?
2. List 2 problems with marijuana.
1. Why is marijuana illegal but alcohol is legal? Is there a difference?
2. What is the marijuana law in your country? What is the punishment? What are the cultural attitudes towards marijuana in your country? Are they changing in young people?
Oh! It’s really nice that you are join with our group! I like to discuss your first question.
I like both Discussion question. I think the second one is good to make a deep discussion.
1. Fueling: to provide power to something
2. Inevitable: certain to happen:
1. What was Michael Kenney’s idea?
2. What is the reason that Karilla Dyer thinks someone wants to smoke?
1. What do you think that why people are interested in marijuana?
2. Usually artist smoking marijuana for receiving motivate and idea. What do you think about this?
I think your comprehension questions are good. It can be help to understand the main idea.
i like your second discussion question!! want to discuss about it!!
Hye Young- I wonder if it is possible for people to get such motivation and ideas naturally, without drugs? Do they need them?
1. exaggerate: › to make something seem larger, more important, better, or worse than it really is:
2. prospect: › the possibility or likelihood that something will happen:
1. What do young people know about the ill effect of marijuana and alcohol?
2. What does Carlan Loeb-Muth say about? What is his opinion?
1. Do you think why people want to get bad thing; like alcohol or tobacco in spite of they know they are harmful?
2. Do you want to use marijuana if it become legal? Why or Why not?
i think your both discussion questions are nice, especially i like the 1st one!!
You thought same vocaburaly as me. But changed lol
Kazu- I like your first discussion question. All people have vices or escapes. We will discuss more about this in class tomorrow when we talk about our short story. Why do we destroy our bodies and health? Is escape so important? This will be interesting to discuss.
1. spearhead : to lead something such as a course of action or an attack
2. inherent : existing as a natural and permanent quality of something or someone
1. Who are the main problem people in this article? Why??
2. Are there any city which allowed to smoke marijuana? If so, where??
1. Is smoking marijuana common in your country?
2. Many people say that smoking marijuana is better than smoking cigarette, what do you think about it?
Your discussion question especially number 2 will be fun to discuss!!!
Does anyone have experience with either one? LOL!
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.