≪First Reading Circle≫
Hi guys, how is your weekend? I hope that you guys have enjoyed:)
I made my reading circle’s preparations, which is very famous Steve Jobs’ speech. The reasons I chose this article is simply because I respect his effort, and his word, “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” is impressed themselves on me. Anyway, please check them and let me know if you guys have some advice!!
◆Article’s Title: ‘You’ve got to find what you love,’ Jobs says
1) Typography (n) : the work of setting and arranging types and of printing from them.
2) Intuition (n) : insight
1) What kind of knowledge did Steve Jobs obtain after dropping out of the university? After a while, how was the knowledge useful when he was designing the first Macintosh computer?
2) What did he suggest when he realized our time was limited?
1) How do you interpret this phrase which is “Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.” ? Why do you think so?
Hi, yuka. thank you for choosing a great article. I enjoyed reading it.
I comment your questions.
1) He learned typography skills and it was useful when he was designing the first Macintosh computer. He designed computer with beautiful typrography.
2)Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living.
1) I think it means, “Don’t be afraid, go your own way believing yourself.” Because, he said like this. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
1)expectation: the feeling or belief that something will or should happen.
2)encounter: to meet someone unexpectedly, or to experience, esp. something unpleasant.
1) Why did he get fire?
2) What kind of company started after he was fired?
1)Have you ever had an experience that goes something like “life hits you in the head with a brick”? Did you lose faith then? Why or Why not?
Thank you for your opinions and reply:) I guess that your comprehension questions mean that you also want to focus on second paragraph, don’t you? Yaaa, I also want to make more question, so I’ll ask Micah:) Then, I like your discussion question and just want to ask why you suggest this question. When you read this article, is it most important to think about faith for you? Please let me know:))
No need to answer the comprehension or discussion questions on the website. You will discuss those in your group in class. Just post your own questions/vocabulary, and any comments or suggestions you have for improvement of the questions from your other group members. Thanks!
Hi, Yuka! I’m Tatsuya. I really like this article because I was impressed by Steve Jobs’ words.
Now, I’m going to write about Vocabulary, Comprehension questions , and Discussion ones.
1)intuition : the ability to know something by using your feelings rather than considering the fact.
2)stumble : to hit your foot against something you are walking
1)Why did he drop out of his collage after the first 6 months?
2)What opinions does he have about death?
1)Do you have some ideas to fulfill your dream in the future? How do you think about your the present condition ? What should we do to dream come true?
Hi Tatsuya!! Thank you for reply and good advice!!! I was supprised that your responce was quick:p lol I’m also glad to hear that you enjoyed reading the article.
By the way, I agree with your Discussion Q! It’s interesting:)) well… I want to ask you about Comprehension Q1. First time, I thouhgt your same question which is comprehension Q1, but I didn’t submit you guys. why?? Because I guessed that everyone might find easily the answer. What do you think??
Hi, Yuka. I was moved after reading this article, thank you for choosing a good one.
1) drop out: to leave a school or university before your course has finished
2) reject: to refuse to accept, use, or believe something or someone
1) What was the best decision which Steve Jobs ever made?
2) After he was fired, why did he decide to start over?
1) Steve Jobs was fired, and he lost what was his entire adult life. However, he got over it and started over. In your case, do you think you can get over difficult problems? Why or why not?
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.