our article is below website. please make sure and post your questions and vocabulary on this page.
if you have any questions, please let me know or let’s discuss here.
1. Why New York city approved to rise age to purchase the tobacco?
2. Which part of U.S is the highest cigarette tax and the highest smuggling cigarette?
1. Do you think that 21years old is right age to smoke cigarette? Why or Why not?
2. How old is the most common limit of age to do something in your country?
1. smuggle- move illegally into or out of a country
2. approve- officially agree to or accept as satisfactory
I like your comprehension question, especially the first one, because its answer connects to the main topic. I think it is the most important thing in this article.
Also, I like your first discussion question as well. The second one is not bad, but our group members are only Japanese, right? I think it should be better to write not “in your country” but “in Japan.”
Thank you for choosing great topic 🙂
thanks for your opinion! i’ll think about it! and i liked your both discussion question!
because those are very interesting!
I have one more suggestion!
(actually, I want to post 2questions for Homework, but other group members didn’t post their questions yet, so I try to post one more question to your post hehe)
My discussion question and yours are very similar (the first discussion question), so how about putting together? For example, “Do you think that 21 years old is right age to smoke cigarette or e-cigarette? Why, or why not?”
See you tomorrow!
The article was lots of new information for me and interesting. I think your comprehension questions help me to understand the article. Thank you.
Thank you for nice article!
You chose good question but I agree Rina’s opinion about discussion question 2.
1. What do higher age limits help? What do advocates say about it?
2. What’s the another anti-smoking initiative pushed by the Bloomberg administration? Why? What does it cause company?
1. What do you think about e-ciggarate? Is 21 the right age to buy it? How do you think?
2. If the age would be higher, what does it cause? How do you think about black-market merchants?
1. take up something: to begin to do something
2. shelve(v): to not take action on something until a later time
sorry for late to post…
i like your discussion questions because i think thoes are very important topic to think and share the ideas.
People who engage industry of tobacco are opposing the change. How do they say?
How is the current New York City’s situation of smoking law?
There is an argument of the change. Do you think the change can prevent buying tobacco from young people?
According to the article, the change can be taken in Hawaii too. Do you agree or disagree? What do you think about it?
Plateau to stay at a steady level after a period of growth or progress
Patronize to treat sb in a way that seems friendly
I like your discussion question, because we can discuss about the legal age of smoking and the changes a lot. Also, your second one focus on Hawaii! I really like to discuss over your questions.
All of your questions are very good I think.
You read very carefully, I especially like your comprehensionQ1 and discussionQ2
□How does the youth smoking rates change since 2007?
□How old the city’s current age limit now?
□Which is better do you think each country has different law about smoking age or every country has same law?
conceal to prevent something from being seen or known about:
initiative a new plan or process to achieve something or solve a problem
Ayaka and Shino,
good you guys’ vocabulary! it helps us to read easily the article! thank you—-
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.